Friday, September 3, 2010

Juneau

Flying into Juneau. I got to sit in the front seat....yeah!
Flew into Juneau today from Gustavus, i've gone from a "city" of 300 to the state capital, a city of over 40,000. The change is somewhat dramatic! The flight was delayed this morning because of weather, so I didn't get in until nearly midday, so just time to grab lunch with Bob and get to work! I met Jennifer for the first time today, one of the other collaborators on this project, and we all sat down and discussed a plan of action. I prepared chemicals and got all my jars ready to go. We are not quite ready yet (the boat leaves Tuesday morning) so we have a few more things to do this weekend too, but i'm also hoping to see a little of Juneau too!

I just found out today too that the boat we'll use is larger than I thought, an 84ft diving boat, which sounds like it could be positively luxurious! It will certainly make it easier with all the work we have to do, our meeting today really brought home just how much we have to accomplish in a 5 day cruise! So wish us luck!

Aloha!
Dr W.

No comments:

Post a Comment